I used jigs and techniques I was good at, so I chose finger joint for sides, which was a key issue, but I think I did it pretty well. For the facades I came up with a tetris brick style idea I liked a lot. I really wanted to make it look like tetris bricks. So 400 bricks were cut and then cut again on each side at a 30 degree angle. The shelves were made on a box joint jig and glued to the facades.
I used shellac for finishing. I am very happy how it turned out since this was the first time I ever used it. I am pleased with the end result and welcome any comments, advice or just your thoughts on this project. Thank you!