I finally completed the sideboard project. The woods used are curly/tiger maple and cherry with pine for the back. This is entirely solid wood construction. The fun part of this project was that I only used dovetails for joinery and as a result, this is a big (and heavy) puzzle, with a unique order to follow for assembly. Finish is sprayed clear shellac followed by sprayed poly with 320 grit in between coats.
It was a my really first big project and I am overall satisfied. I should have paid more attention in the selection of the parts from the wood, but I made the mistake of selecting the parts on rough wood. The real figures and defects in the wood appeared after planing.