Today we’re discussing router bits: a good beginner set as well as the difference between up and down-spiral. Of course, we have lots of Q&A topics too.
- 1:16 – Wood Whisperer Guild Sale – Chest of Drawers
- 4:32 – New Patreon Supporters
- 6:39 – What would you recommend for the best combination of tools to have in the place of a tablesaw?
- 9:35 – How do I minimize tearout when cutting a rabbet for a glass panel?
- 11:35 – What joint would you recommend in the place of a lock miter joint?
- 13:50 – Do you watch any BBQ YouTube videos?
- 16:02 – Mark’s top 4 must have router bits.
Here’s a premium 5-piece starter set you might consider. And here’s a nice selection of carbide spiral bits.
- 20:37 – Can you explain the differences between up and downcut router bits?
- 26:10 – If I’m filling a crack on a slab, do I need to use epoxy filler?
- 30:20 – Will epoxy adhere to finished material or only on bare endgrain (Foot sealer)
- 31:33 – Anything I can do to minimize dust when making crosscuts on my table saw?
- 32:49 – What color ankle socks?
- 35:15 – Any tricks for distinguishing 70’s walnut from teak?
- 36:47 – What is your worst stupid lesson learned in the shop?
- 38:38 – What is the project for WWFC?
- 47:50 – 10 years of free plans – http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/free-plans/