With my parents needing a new entertainment center, and being the generous person I am, I decided to build them a modified version of a sideboard. Most of the pictures found online didn’t seem wide enough for my taste. I wanted to make the width of the sideboard the same width as their LED TV mounted on the wall. I ended up making the piece around 48 inches wide.
After finding some inspiration online, I ended up with the design in the pictures. I constructed the case using dados, locking rabbets for the drawers and mortise and tenons on the legs and aprons.
I saved the best stock for last for the top. The pictures don’t do it justice. I finished the piece using 4 coats of Arm-r-seal satin varnish.