The table measures 50″W x 14″D x 32″H. The base is solid maple, painted flat black w/a rub on satin finish. I did a slight rub through on most of the base and used a cherry stain to add a hint of color. I applied the same cherry to the chamfer on the bottom of the top band. Three small overlay drawers with a chamfered edge profile, satin nickel knobs, machine dovetailed, and wooden drawer runners.
For the top I had to come up with a good way to stabilize the 100+ year old barnwood. I decided to attach it to a piece of 3/4″ MDF. First I painted the MDF the same flat black since I knew it would be a part of the visual on top. Then I tried to glue the barnwood to the MDF. BOING! popped right off, even after 24 hours. So I got out the Liquid Nails and drywall screws and made it stay together. Once that was secure, I mitered a 2″ tall by 3/4″ band all the way around. Prior to assembly, I ran a 1/4″ rabbet for the glass to rest in. Did some pre-finishing, assembled the top trim, attached it to the base, added the drawer runners, fit the drawers, 3 knobs and finally some Windex to top it all off.
The day I saw this board as I sorted through the other 23 gray depressing boards, I knew exactly what the end project would look like. I was not disappointed!